The role of endoscope air water valve, suction valve10月 12, 2022
How to replace the Olympus endoscope cold light Source Lamp bulb?11月 22, 2022
Flexible endoscopy is a consumable medical device that can cause fatigue, aging and damage.Water leak testing is a basic inspection work that must be carried out by flexible endoscopes.
1.Tools used for endoscopic leak test
- Olympus is equipped with a leak test for continuous air supply by an air pump for endoscopes that contain air pumps in the digestive and respiratory department and the light source.
- Surgical products without air pumps for light sources, such as flexible cystoscopy, flexible ureteroscopy, biliary tract endoscopy, nasopharyngeal laryngoscopy, etc., are equipped with simple leak detectors (the pressure gauge shows that the impulse pressure is not less than 19KPa.
- Other brands of flexible endoscope companies are equipped with simple leak detectors (pressure gauge display)
2. Standard procedures for water leakage testing?(Take air pump leak test as an example)
- Connect the light source device
- Test whether the air supply is normal.
- Connect air vlave
- Confirm whether the curved part expands after the endoscope is inflated.
- Put the entire endoscope in water
- Bend in the water and observe carefully for about 30 seconds.
- Connect the light source device to keep the endoscope in an inflatable state
It was found that there were continuous air bubbles emerging, indicating that the endoscope was leaking.Please remove the endoscope from the water immediately!
Note: When the endoscope is in water, do not unplug the leak detector and waterproof cover, and do not turn off the light source device.
- Remove the entire endoscope from the water.
- Turn off the light source and unplug the leak detector.
- After the air in the endoscope overflows, unplug the leak detector.
3.Precautions for leak test：
- The flexible endoscope used for disinfection should be leak-tested once a day before use, and leak-tested first after each use.Especially those who have used endoscopic biopsy channels.
- The flexible endoscope used for sterilization must be leak test after each use.
- In addition to leak test, visual inspection of each part must be carried out.
- Some special surgical flexible endoscopes, such as biliary tract endoscopes, should be equipped with special gripping pliers to reduce water leakage caused by human factors.
4. what are the main problems with endoscope leak test?
- The lens is foggy and the image is blurred.
- The optical fiber is moldy and loses its light guide performance.
- The internal parts of the mirror corrode and affect the angle knob, the chain rusts, the spiral tube falls off, the steel wire breaks, etc.
- Damage to electronic parts (including CCD)
5. what are the leaks in the endoscope that are more difficult to find?
- The periphery of the CCD at the apex and the beam glass sheet is degummed or damaged.
- The size of the knob (if the knob is not rotated to a certain angle).
- The bending rubber is not fully exposed, and small pinholes cannot be found.
- The remote control button eraser is not fully exposed.
- If the endoscope has leaked and enters the interior, mix it with molybdenum disulfide or toner in the endoscope into a crystal to block the leakage point.
6. How to avoid the problem of water leakage in the endoscope?
- Be careful when operating the endoscope, especially during special diagnosis and treatment.
- The cleaning and disinfection procedures of the endoscope must be correct and operated in accordance with standards.
- The endoscope must pass the water leak test before cleaning.