Common problems in endoscope repair – endoscope water leakage2月 14, 2022
Common faults of Olympus URF-V ureteroscope2月 27, 2022
1. Causes of Endoscopy Air water nozzle clogs：
- The C-Cover accidentally collides with a hard object → deformation of the nozzle → blockage of the nozzle (improper endoscope maintenance is the main cause of blockage).
- Did not clean immediately after using the endoscope → The dirt solidified in the nozzle → the nozzle was clogged.
- Do not wash the endoscope with detergent before disinfection → The disinfectant coagulates the protein → the nozzle is clogged.
- The direction is wrong when wiping the mirror surface → The cotton yarn is stuffed into the nozzle → the nozzle is clogged.
- After the nozzle is clogged, pick it with a needle or remove the nozzle by yourself → The nozzle is damaged or the internal tube is more likely to be clogged → The nozzle is clogged.
- When cleaning and disinfecting, use the problematic cleaning accessories → The dirt is sent to the endoscope with the lavage → the nozzle is clogged.
- Be careful when operating the endoscope.
- The endoscope should be cleaned immediately after use.
- The endoscope must be washed before disinfection.
- When wiping the mirror surface, follow the direction of the nozzle.
- Do not pick with a needle or remove the nozzle by yourself after the nozzle is clogged6). Before cleaning the endoscope, check whether there is anything wrong with the cleaning accessories.